Feel Better Classes are at the very core of what Look Good Feel Better does – free, accessible, local classes for any person, facing any cancer, at any stage of their cancer journey.
Thanks for the support of Dry July, LGFBNZ continues to adapt class times, content, locations, days and frequency to best meet the changing needs of people facing cancer across New Zealand communities.
In 2018, feedback showed the following:
• 97% of participants when asked whether they would recommend the class to others facing cancer, gave it an 8 or above out of a possible 10 (85% giving a 10)
• The overall rating for the class was 98% of attendees gave it the two 2 ratings, with 90% giving their overall experience the highest rating
• 81% felt confidence was increased
• 87% felt their morale had been lifted
• 82% said they felt they were able to connect and share with others
• 98% were either very satisfied or satisfied with our local facilitators
• 97% when asked to rate the class content and structure gave it the top two ratings.
• 97% found the class’s tips and techniques either very useful or useful
What Attendees are saying about their experience:
“It did boost my confidence and it was really nice to meet the other participants and share stories and tips. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for providing such a great service”
“A truly wonderful experience. Thank you all for contributing to my journey”
“It’s a little bit of me time, in a sea of crazy, you’ve got that little couple of hours, two or three hours of me time.”
“I’d encourage anybody to do it…. It is like a sea of crazy and then it goes calm.”
“Because (cancer) it is really isolating. It’s like a personal journey and everyone goes through their own personal journey with cancer but it’s nice to have people that are on a similar journey to you.”
“On a tough week it helped me to smile again”
“It was a day just about me, not the disease”
“It was good to connect with others facing cancer like me”
“I just want to fit in, look and feel more like my normal self”
"The Look Good, Feel Better (LGFB) class was empowering and I am grateful for the experience and support I found and received there. I felt comfortable talking about my cancer diagnosis and treatment, including my decisions around treatment; comfortable (after others had) in taking my wig off, showing the 'real' me unapologetically and without any sense of putting others at dis-ease; and comfortable in the hands of my volunteer whilst being pampered. Today, I am enjoying the skincare and make-up products I have been gifted and associate using them with the feelings of empowerment and appreciation for LGFB. Thank you!"