Having a Dry July has great health benefits. We've brought together a collection of articles that could help you with your Dry July.
Preparing for your Dry July
By Dry July on
You’re doing something amazing – improving your own health, and helping to change the lives of people affected by cancer. We're with you every step of the way for your Dry July, so don't be daunted by taking some time off the booze!
Plus, remember the funds you raise will improve the comfort and wellbeing of people affected by cancer.
Here are our top tips to help you prepare and stay dry this July:
- In June try to slow down your alcohol intake to half of what you would normally consume.
- Plan your social calendar. Offer to be the Designated Dryver on a night out, or if you have an event that you really want to drink at, ask someone to buy you a Golden Ticket. It will give you a night off the wagon, while also raising more funds for a great cause!
- Plan your drink substitutions. There are mocktails, ginger ale, soda water and lime, non-alcoholic beers and wines, herbal tea…
- Plan your meals and your shopping list so there are no surprises during the week.
- Remove all temptation from your house. Ask a friend or family member to keep/store your alcohol for you during July.
- Prepare your mind as well as your body for abstaining from alcohol during July.
- Hang out with other participants; create a Dry July team with friends and family once you've signed up.
- Keep yourself busy – make the most of your hangover-free weekends! Try something new or go on an adventure.
- Fundraise! What better motivation to stay dry than knowing you're raising vital funds for people affected by cancer?
- Get active. Why not pair your dry period with a new exercise routine? Staying off alcohol can have the benefit of weight loss if you increase your physical activity.
- Remember why you started! Whatever your motivation was for signing up, remind yourself of it throughout your dry period to help stay strong!